Athena offers specialised support, advice and advocacy to a wide range of actors working towards achieving of peace, security and justice in zones of conflict and armed violence, using a range of techniques always inclusive of women’s rights and gender justice.
Athena works with NGOs, governments, international organisations, consultancies and the private sector.
Engagements include advice and briefings; expert support to seminars or conferences; technical advice or training to peace process actors; strategic advice and programming; research, analysis and drafting of publications; design and delivery of advocacy strategies; staff mentoring; strategy development, project and programme management and more.
Current and previous clients/employers include:
• United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)
• Terre des Hommes International Federation (TDHIF)
• Institute for War and Peace Reporting (IWPR)
• Global Network of Women Peacebuilders (GNWP)
• European Peacebuilding Liaison Office (EPLO)
• Dialogue Advisory Group (DAG)
• Peace Support Fund (PSF)
• Crisis Management Initiative (CMI)
• Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (HD)
Organisations/entities Athena collaborates with:
• Women’s Democracy Network (WDN)
• Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF)
• United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women)
• United Kingdom Department for International Development (DFID)
• United Nations Bureau for Crisis Prevention and Recovery (UNBCPR)
• Royal Norwegian Ministry for Foreign Affairs
• Peace Research Institute Oslo
• Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE)
• International Action Network on Small Arms (IANSA)
• Institute for Inclusive Security
• Gender Agency
• Centre for Conflict, Development and Peacebuilding, Graduate Institute Geneva
For more information about our professional experience or to discuss your own requirements, please contact us.